Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Here and Now

So the meeting was Tuesday! We all sat in the room and talked about the boys, and went over their history again. They gave us the boys records, and made sure that we were still on board which, of course, we were!

P's foster mom, Michelle, invited us to have dinner with our little guy! We headed down, and they even let us tell him we were his mommy and daddy! He was so excited, but it took a little time for it to sink in.

A little later, we were all playing with P in his room and he called for Greg, and called him daddy! Then, he got excited about saying it and just kept saying it! A little later he called me mommy a couple times. Talk about emotions! P was very upset when we left, but we promised him that I would come visit with him again the next day because Greg had to work.

Today after work I headed down and went with Michelle to pick him up from daycare. I was worried he would be nervous today, but he said "Mommy!" and ran into my arms! Then he wouldn't let me put him down! We went to Michael's Craft Store to get something for P to make for Greg for his birthday, and then back to his house for dinner and playtime. The last two days have been the best of my life!

And tommorrow is only going to be better, because K and P are coming to our house for dinner! K's foster mom is bringing him and we are all going to have dinner together! Our boys under our roof! I couldn't be happier!

2 comments: